You may have a 5-10 step skincare routine for your face, but when it comes to the rest of your body, it may be only wash, moisturize, and we’re done!
Surely your body could use some extra love and pampering too? The skin on your body can also get dry, dull, and rough. So give it the same care and consideration as your face.
A great way to start is by using a natural body scrub. These body scrubs exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin and giving you a lovely glow. Some of the best ones (including the ones listed below) moisturize your skin at the same. Body scrubs don’t need a lot of effort. Use them once a week to get superb results. The best thing is they do this without using harmful ingredients found in commercial body scrubs and while being eco-friendly and cruelty-free.
Interested in a clean skincare routine? Check out our recommendations for the best organic skincare brands.
- 12 Best Natural Body Scrubs Ranked & Reviewed
- 1. True Botanicals – Pure Radiance Sugar Scrub
- 2. Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Body Polish
- 3. 100 Percent Pure Blood Orange Body Scrub
- 4. Nécessaire – The Body Exfoliator in Fragrance-Free
- 5. Indie Lee Coconut Citrus Body Scrub
- 6. French Girl Organics Mint Sea Polish
- 7. One Love Organics – Vitamin C Body Polish
- 8. Palermo Body’s Coffee Scrub
- 9. SDOT Beauty Satin Rouge Body Polish
- 10. Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub
- 11. NOTO’s Resurface Scrub
- 12. OSEA – Salts of the Earth Body Scrub
- Honorable Mentions For Best Organic Body Scrubs
- Types of Natural Body Scrubs
- How To Choose The Best Body Scrub For Your Skin
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
12 Best Natural Body Scrubs Ranked & Reviewed
Let’s look at the best natural body scrubs in the clean beauty market.
1. True Botanicals – Pure Radiance Sugar Scrub
Starting with a bang is a natural body scrub that cleanses, exfoliates, and moisturizes at the same time. It’s almost too good to be true, but you can trust True Botanicals – Pure Radiance Sugar Scrub to exceed expectations.
This ultra-luxurious body scrub is highly effective at scrubbing away dead skin cells without damaging the skin, thanks to the blend of kaolin clay, organic sugar, and sandalwood.
The scrub also contains antioxidant-rich oils like jojoba, hemp seed, and camellia that will nourish, condition, and protect your skin barrier. You’ll be left with soft, radiant skin that smells incredibly of orange peel and cedarwood.
Based: San Francisco, USA. Ships internationally.
2. Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Body Polish
Do you have dry, dull skin? Boy, do we have the solution for that! The decadent Herbivore Botanicals Coco Rose Body Polish is one of the best organic body scrubs in the natural beauty market.
The scrub is made with a blend of pink clay and sugar which gently buffs the skin by removing dirt and other toxins. The emollient formula contains virgin coconut oil, shea butter, and Moroccan rosehip oil, which intensely moisturizes and softens the skin. Your skin will be left clean, fresh, and glowing. This body scrub was designed for all skin types, so get one today!
Based: Washington, USA. Ships internationally.
3. 100 Percent Pure Blood Orange Body Scrub
100 Percent Pure Blood Orange Body Scrub is a crystalline sea salt scrub that polishes away dry, rough skin leaving behind soft, hydrated skin. It does this by combining the sea salt with a silky base of sunflower and apricot oils.
The salt crystals smooth and soften any bumps and rough bits of skin to rejuvenate your skin. The rich emollient oils nourish and hydrate your skin, leaving it luxuriously supple. This product isn’t just exceptional for your skin. It’s also cruelty-free, vegan, and gluten-free.
Based: California, USA. Ships internationally.
4. Nécessaire – The Body Exfoliator in Fragrance-Free
Do you ever want to exfoliate regularly but are worried it might hurt your skin? Nécessaire – The Body Exfoliator in Fragrance-Free is just what you need! The best part about this organic body scrub is that it’s meant to be used daily when you shower.
Frequent exfoliation can damage the skin, but this gentle body scrub works effectively to keep your skin clean, smooth, and glowing. The scrub is made with chemical and physical exfoliants to form a grainy-gel formula detoxing your skin by cleansing deeply. As a bonus, it’s hypoallergenic and fragrance-free.
Based: Los Angeles, USA. Ships to the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
5. Indie Lee Coconut Citrus Body Scrub
Meet the all-natural body scrub that will leave your skin clear, soft, and clean! Indie Lee Coconut Citrus Body Scrub is a fantastic sugar scrub that moisturizes your skin while gently exfoliating it. Raw sugar cane exfoliates your skin, while coconut and jojoba oils hydrate your skin, especially the rough, drier patches.
Oh, the scent of this scrub is to die for. Lemongrass, lemon balm, and vanilla are combined to give you a fragrance that smells like a pina colada by the beach. You can’t go wrong with this natural body scrub!
Based: New York, USA. Ships to the USA and Canada only.
6. French Girl Organics Mint Sea Polish
Go from having dull, dehydrated skin to the center of attention with French Girl Organics Mint Sea Polish! This hydrating natural exfoliating scrub gently exfoliates and detoxifies. Atlantic sea salt and organic sugar team up to remove impurities from your skin, remove ingrown hair, and slough dead skin cells.
Meanwhile, the organic oils, butter, and sea algae soothe the dry, itchy, and irritated parts of your skin. Your skin will look and feel brand new! The formula used in this scrub has no synthetic fragrances. Instead, French Girl Organics uses a blend of peppermint, rosemary, and lavender to create an energizing scent.
Based: Washington, USA. Ships internationally.
7. One Love Organics – Vitamin C Body Polish
Are you dealing with uneven skin texture, dry skin, and dark spots? One Love Organics – Vitamin C Body Polish is precisely what you’ve been looking for! This body scrub contains a one-two punch of sugar scrub and vitamin C. The raw sugar crystals exfoliate the skin while the vitamin C brightens it, leaving your skin radiant and soft.
One Love Organics uses natural emollients like shea butter and aloe vera to give you supple skin. Add in a fragrance of pineapple and citrus, and this body scrub will make you the envy of everyone!
Based: Georgia, USA. Ships in the United States only.
8. Palermo Body’s Coffee Scrub
Palermo Body’s Coffee Scrub is an invigorating natural body scrub like no other. There are two reasons for this. The first reason can be found in the natural ingredients used in the formula. Organic fair-trade coffee combined with raw sugar removes dead skin cells, promotes blood circulation, and even targets excess water retention found in cellulite.
Regular use of this coffee scrub promotes collagen production. Moisturizing oils like shea, cocoa butter, and coconut hydrate and soften the skin simultaneously. The second reason that this body scrub is unique is you can buy a travel-size package or contact Palermo Body for customized packages. That’s incredible, right?
Based: New York, USA. Ships internationally.
9. SDOT Beauty Satin Rouge Body Polish
SDOT Beauty Satin Rouge Body Polish will leave your skin ultra smooth and soft. The pink Himalayan salt helps detoxify your skin, while the cranberry seeds and organic sugar cane gently buff away dry and rough bits on your skin. Besides that, this natural body scrub also uses avocado oil to hydrate your skin until it feels and looks smooth and lustrous.
If you’re struggling with cellulite, the seaweed extract in this body scrub helps smoothen the bumps and dimples on your skin. SDOT Beauty makes small batches of this body scrub in reusable glass jars for quality and eco-friendliness.
Based: New York, USA. Ships to the United States only.
10. Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub
Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub put Frank Body on the map, and we can see why. This body exfoliator natural scrub is vegan, natural, and designed to tackle scars, cellulite, stretchmarks, and breakouts. It’s almost like magic, except Frank Body uses various reliable natural ingredients.
The body scrub uses a blend of coffee, sea salt, antioxidant-rich oils, and vitamin E to tighten your skin, increase its elasticity, and leave it feeling incredibly smooth. With mind-blowing 2,700 positive reviews, Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub is a must-have for any skincare enthusiast!
Based: Victoria, Australia. Ships internationally.
11. NOTO’s Resurface Scrub
NOTO’s Resurface Scrub is truly something special. It’s a multi-use product meaning you can use it on your face and body. This organic scrub combines organic aloe leaf, blood orange, walnut shell dust, and alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) to exfoliant, buff, and cleanse your skin. It forms a gentle, exfoliating form that will give you the smoothest skin you can have.
NOTO is known for being inclusive, natural, and eco-friendly; this product is no exception. Get NOTO’s Resurface Scrub today. Your skin will thank you!
Based: California, USA. Ships to the United States and Canada only.
12. OSEA – Salts of the Earth Body Scrub
OSEA – Salts of the Earth Body Scrub will leave your skin so smooth you’ll be amazed! With this sea scrub, you get exfoliation without sacrificing hydration. New Zealand Solar salt, pink Himalayan salt, and red Hawaiian sea salt combine to slough away dryness and dullness from your skin.
Shea butter replenishes your skin’s hydration, while wild gigartina seaweed—OSEA’s signature ingredient—nourishes your skin until it’s silky smooth.
Based: California, USA. Ships internationally.
Honorable Mentions For Best Organic Body Scrubs
UpCircle – Coffee Body Scrub with Lemongrass: Made for dry skin, this natural body scrub is produced with shea butter and coffee grounds to gently exfoliate your skin while hydrating it.
Tree Hut – Moroccan Rose Shea Sugar Scrub: This gentle scrub is made with sugar, argan oil, and shea butter to exfoliate dry or easily irritated skin.
Types of Natural Body Scrubs
- Salt Body Scrub – these scrubs are made with sea or Himalayan salt. The granular structure of these scrubs gives you a more thorough exfoliation that removes dirt and grime from your skin. The salt disinfects, acts as a detoxifying agent, and helps restore your skin by stimulating skin cell renewal. It also evens your skin tone, unclogs your pores, and softens your skin.
- Sugar Body Scrub – made with either white or brown sugar. This body scrub is gentler than salt as sugar granules are less coarse. Did you know that the Ancient Romans used to wash themselves using a scrub made from sugar, honey, and milk? Sugar sloughs away dead skin cells and is a humectant, meaning it helps hydrate your skin by pulling water into it.
- Coffee Body Scrub – coffee doesn’t just energize your body and makes a great body scrub. The particles of the coffee help exfoliate your skin deeply. It gently unclogs your pores, tightens your skin, and reduces signs of aging thanks to the antioxidants found in the coffee. Caffeine is good for blood circulation, ensuring your skin receives more nourishment, leading to brighter and glowing skin.
How To Choose The Best Body Scrub For Your Skin
- Sensitive Skin – If your skin is sensitive, then you need to choose your natural body scrub carefully. Abrasive scrubs can irritate your skin and cause it to become red and inflamed. Sugar scrubs are, therefore, your best bet. They exfoliate gently as the sugar crystals are not very coarse.
- Dry Skin – Do you have dry and dull skin? Then salt body scrubs should be your go-to choice to exfoliate your skin. Salt scrubs exfoliate and detoxify your skin while also hydrating it. You’ll be left with what is known as a salt glow.
- Oily Skin – For oily skin, you’ll need body scrubs with clarifying ingredients to break down the oil on your skin while cleansing. Therefore, you should try coffee body scrubs as it helps get rid of dirt and oil and remove sebum from pores.
- Combination Skin – You can use any exfoliator since combination skin handles exfoliation well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Does a Body Scrub Do?
Body scrubs help exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin cells and surface debris from the outer layer of your skin.
What Are the Benefits of a Full Body Scrub?
Body scrubs can make your skin clean, soft, and radiant. They can unclog pores, even out your skin texture and tone, remove ingrown hairs, reduce the appearance of inflammation, and even cellulite.
Do I Use Body Scrub Before or After Soap?
It’s best to use a body scrub after using the soap. This method will wash away dirt, sweat, and grime before exfoliating dead skin cells.
How Often Should I Scrub My Body?
Ideally, you should use your body scrub 1-2 times weekly to avoid over-exfoliating your skin.
Natural body scrubs are a must-have for any skincare enthusiast. These scrubs use organic ingredients to slough away dead skin cells, dirt, and grime to give your skin a clean, healthy look. The scrubs also moisturize your skin while simultaneously smoothening and evening the tone and texture of the skin. Some of them even reduce cellulite and signs of aging. To put it simply, natural body scrubs are the way to go!
Speaking of natural skincare products, here are the best organic retinol serums in the market today.
Jamie - Cofounder
Hi, I hope you enjoyed reading this article.
If you are looking for more ways to live an eco-conscious lifestyles, then check out our complete guide here.
Thanks for stopping by - Jamie