Our buying habits, especially where fashion is concerned, are increasing the amount of waste in the world.
While you may have an insatiable love for shoes, buying too many pairs unnecessarily may be ruining the environment. If you care about the planet and want to reduce your carbon prints, buy eco-friendly shoes that are ethically made, using eco-friendly materials that have very minimal effect on the environment. Additionally, these shoes last long so you will not need a new pair every so often.
Sounds like something you’d be interested in? Here are 12 brands that sell ethical, eco-friendly footwear that you’ll love.
- Our Reviews of the Best Eco-Friendly Shoes in 2021
- 1. Best eco-friendly men’s shoes – Etnies Jameson 2 Eco
- 2. Best eco-friendly women’s shoes – ABLE
- 3. Best eco-friendly kids shoes – Natives
- 4. Best eco-friendly running shoes – Allbirds
- 5. Best eco-friendly tennis shoes – Adidas
- 6. Best eco-friendly dress shoes – NAE
- 7. Best eco-friendly athletic shoes – Veja Condor
- 8. Best eco-friendly baby shoes – Bobux Shoes
- 9. Best eco-friendly leather shoes – Nisolo
- 10. Best eco-friendly vegan shoes – TOMS
- 11. Best recycled shoes – Brother Vellies
- 12. Best eco-friendly sneakers – Veja
Our Reviews of the Best Eco-Friendly Shoes in 2021
1. Best eco-friendly men’s shoes – Etnies Jameson 2 Eco
The Jameson 2 men eco shoes are created using recycled materials including plastic, rubber, and vegan material. To further their environmental conservation efforts, the company plants a tree for every pair of Jameson 2 Eco shoes sold as part of the Buy a Shoe, Plant a Tree Reforestation Project. The project has seen over 1.8 million trees being planted.
2. Best eco-friendly women’s shoes – ABLE
ABLE ethical shoes have a minimalistic design that every woman will love. The company is B Corp certified and is dedicated to creating long-term economic impact by employing female artisans around the world. You will love the shoes’ color palette that features elegant basics in neutral colors, as well as a bright and cheerful spring collection.
3. Best eco-friendly kids shoes – Natives
Native shoes are lightweight, innovative, and future-forward and your kids will love wearing them. The company is conscious about their carbon footprints and hence don’t use any animal by-products to make their shoes. They also use a low-emission manufacturing process.
4. Best eco-friendly running shoes – Allbirds
Allbirds sustainable shoes are crafted using a sustainable ZQ Merino wool fabric, eucalyptus tree fibers, and FSC-Certified TENCEL™ Lyocell. This combination makes their running shoes sturdy and stylish. These eco-friendly shoes also feature recycled plastic shoelaces. The company also uses recyclable packaging.
5. Best eco-friendly tennis shoes – Adidas
Adidas partnered with Parley to make a collection of eco-friendly shoes manufactured from yarn made from recycled plastic that is collected from the ocean. The Adidas tennis shoes are lightweight and have a cushion that offers stability during a game.
6. Best eco-friendly dress shoes – NAE
NAE, a Portuguese brand has a line of environmentally friendly shoes created using man-made and natural materials including microfiber, microsuede, pineapple leather, and cork. The NAE dress shoes are a must-have for the stylish gentleman.
7. Best eco-friendly athletic shoes – Veja Condor
The Vejar Condor, a line of specially made running shoes, was created after four years of research and development. The Condor shoe has been dubbed the “world’s first post-petroleum runner”. The shoe is manufactured from recycled plastic bottles, banana oil, sugar cane, rice husk, and wild rubber. These materials are sustainably sourced from the Amazonian forest.
8. Best eco-friendly baby shoes – Bobux Shoes
Bobux ethically made shoes are made using 100% eco-leather and non-toxic colors. These baby shoes are also Chrome-free, so worry not if your baby sneaks the shoe into their mouth. They also feature a unique elastic system, allowing them to slip on and off easily but at the same time stay on. They are absolutely comfortable and come very close to barefoot running.
9. Best eco-friendly leather shoes – Nisolo
Nisolo collaborates with local artisans in Peru who create a beautiful handmade line of adult-sized shoes, chukka boots, and sandals. Being an ethical brand, Nisolo pays fair wages and full-time employment to its artisans.
10. Best eco-friendly vegan shoes – TOMS
TOMS is one of the most popular eco-friendly shoe brands. The brand has one of the best lines of vegan shoes. The shoes are made from natural hemp, organic cotton, and recycled polyester. The shoes also come in a shoebox made from 80 percent recycled post-consumer waste.
11. Best recycled shoes – Brother Vellies
Brother Vellies shoes have soles made from recycled tires. The shoes also contain vegetable dyes, instead of chemical ones.
12. Best eco-friendly sneakers – Veja
The Veja sneaker is one of the most loved even by celebrities such as Duchess Meghan Markle. The sneakers are made from 100% organic leather, eco-friendly wild rubber from the Amazon and organic cotton. The sneakers come in sleek and stylish options for men, women, and children.
Grab yourself a pair or two or three of these eco-friendly shoes today. These shoes cause little to no harm to the environment and will look good on you and your whole family!
Thanks for coming by. If you are interested in other product alternatives check out our article on eco-friendly products.